Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day One. August 19-20 2013


So we landed in Tel Aviv and went straight to הר הזיתים which is on the east side of Jeru. We took in the fact that were so excited for our year here but not everything is perfect. Straight ahead of us was הר הבית and right in the middle of that, where the third beit Hamikdash should be, is a huge golden dome. It's bittersweet but it's really great to be home. This is where the heart is. 
We learned that the Ramban cried when he got to Jerusalem because he saw it in ruins. He left his life and family and went to Jerusalem at an old age just to find two families living there. Today there are over 800,000 jewish people living in Jerusalem alone. Imagine how Ramban would react?! Since he mourned when he got there, we did krya and ripped the (school spirited!) midmo tshirts we were given. 
After this we drove down the mountain to the kotel for a quick picture and mincha. (If you gave me a note I put it in for you)
I'm so excited to look back on this day as what feels like a Freshie, in June and admire how much I've learnt and grown since now. 

When we got to school (we call it home) they called me aside in the Lunch room. Guess what?!?? They know I'm gluten free cuz I wrote it on my item so while everyone had pizza I had Tuna salad. Guess whoes not getting fat?!  Me!!
Ok so when I met all of the girls it's like Facebook in real life I swear. I stalked these girls so hard. Wanted to make sure they were normal hahahaha
So I finished unpacking which took 3 hours and I surprisingly didn't need so much space which is surprising because I paid almost $400 for overweight luggage and an extra one which was also too heavy . Can you say JAP??? 
So I was syked that it was 90 degrees out until I remembered I have to cover my elbows lol so fun 
My madrichot are scute! One of them plays guitar so I got my ukulele and we played Let it Be. Syked  for that.
Oh btw my room mate saw my kale chips and she thought it was weed haaaaa
Bathrooms gross also I have to squeegee the floor after I shower and its just bloody hell
Enjoy the pics! (Looked gross today!)

This is part of the common area. S'cute!

This is my bed lol. Notice the health food up there

Big apple salad yum


Claaaasic sem pic no?

4 comments:

  1. Your number one fan!!! Love it- keep on blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie...I love this! Can't wait to read all about your experience! Ps when we were there we only had to cover knees, not elbows. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Millie! I'm so excited for you & Rebecca! It's gonna be a great year! Be good. Thanks for this daily peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey millie, have big fun, looking forward to a vicarious experience!brenda

    ReplyDelete