Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mommaaa



The day I've been looking forward to since I got here. Mommaaaas comin
So Brenda and I decided to surprise our moms at Ben Gurion Airport. So happy I did that! We were standing there with our balloons for an hour with so much excitement. 
When they finally came out from baggage claim we started jumping. It was like a movie if you play it in slow motion. Anyways it was great to reunite. It got a little bit emotional lol. Momma and I took a taxi to the Citadel to check in. It felt like I saw her yesterday. Mommy brought me tons of food and clothes. We had a list of emails going on for a while with stuff I miss 

Here's a fraction of the food haaaa

Ok so there was a Hanukkah Chagiga going on at my school so I dragged my mom there. We rekuded and kumsitzd and mommy got to meet a lot of my teachers. After showing mom my dorm and unpacking some of my goodies  we went to Kedma, a restaurant on a roof in Mamilla which overlooks the old city 
S'cute (do people still say that?)

Monday- so we enjoyed the Citadel breakfast. Like a lot. Then we took a taxi to school. It's a thing to bring your parents to class so that's what I did. For lunch we went to Beit Hakerem which is a really nice shopping center across the street from my school. It's soooo convienient. We ate at cafe Hillel got some frogurt and shopped. (Classic us all summer long)
After one more class mom got jet lag and took a nap in my bed 
I wanted to give my mom the real experience of being Millie so we took the train to the shuk
So squishy. 
Mom LOVED Machane Yehuda. And she loves cauliflower 
We made some nice memories over there. After dropping our bags off by the hotel, we went to the Kotel for Arvit. The Old City was paaaaacked. 
I know this picture isn't crowded but trust me it was. It was so weird going to the Kotel with Mommy because I get to go every week ברוךה׳ but it was a once in a while thing for Momma. 
We taxid straight to Agas Vetapuach (amazing restaurant with gluten free pasta) to meet my friends for dinner. Yeah so it's a thing to take your daughters friends out to dinner so we did that. The food was siiiiick. Momma and I went to Town after to buy every souvenir shop basically. Funny cuz I haven't walked into those stores all year haha
Tues- brought Momma to school again. We went to a few Shiurim In the morning. After that we met Sheila and Brenda and Dafna for lunch at the Old Tachana. 
we ate at Fresh Kitchen. Recommended.  Get the warm green sald with Tofu. So cute cuz my Mom, Sheila and Dafna were a crew in highschool and they still are! 
Momma and I chilled by the vendors and bargained. We got a Gorgous mezuzah for the house in Bk
This is us with the lady we bargained with haha. She makes stuff out of glass and incorporates Kabbalistic symbolism. Very cool. 
We went to Dafna to light Chanukia with the fam afterword. It was so nice to see each kid make their Brachot one at a time and then light. I played some dreidel with Michael and won a twizzler. Go me. 

Dinner was at Black Burger. It was Momma, me, Brenda and Sheila. After enjoying my sirloin steak we went to the Kotel (second night in a row! ברוךה׳) for a meaningful Arbit. 

Wed -momma and I went to Tel Aviv. We hung out on the Namal which is a promenade on the water 

We walked around and stuff. Yeah. We had a late lunch at CafeCafe with my moms cousin ish relative. It's cool that we have family here. 
We went to Nevei Tzedek which was an excellent call. It was like soho. 
We dug it. Got some cool handmade leather bracelets. We went to the Old Tachana (the Tel Aviv one) to cap off our night in town. 
Back in Jerusalem we had Citadel sushi. 
Food was probs a highlight of this trip. Loljk love you mom. 

So Thursday morning we went to town to buy souvenirs before checkout. Then we began our journey to THE CARMEL SPA IN HAIFA. 

Continued in next post

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm so happy you guys had the best time!! Can't wait till it's MY turn!! And calm down with the shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete