Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Shabbat by the Tellers

Oh this Shabbat...
It was quite an interesting one.  
A few of us wanted to go to our teacher Rav Hanoch Teller for Shabbat. He's famous! He wrote like 27 books. I own 3 lol. Also side point he has 18 children.
Yeah. So we stayed by my friend Ariella's cousins in Ramat Eshkol. They were so inviting especially since they were having tons of people over for meals. 
Friday night dinner was so different there than I've ever seen. There were all random guests there that were connected to the Teller family in random ways. The kids were SO well behaved it was nuts. Everyone was like really quiet.... I felt like I was in shiur. Rav Teller was giving over some of his stories from class for the people that haven't heard him yet. After dinner we went to go chill by our Rakezets homes, Rina and Lauren. 
After Lunch on Saturday we went to the kotel with Rav Tellers wife. Then we went to a shiur in a home in the Old City. It was gorgoussssss! And I liked the speaker. He spoke about this past weeks Parasha, תרומה, the instructions to build the Mishkan. He explained how it's a microcosm of the universe. I really enjoyed it. Afterword we went to a hospus. I know right? Rav Tellers wife took us to visit her friend, Marci Whoes paralyzed in bed. She barely gets any visitors which is really sad. She's mentally all there so she points to letters on a board to get out what she wants to say. We really have to be thankful for our health each and every day. 
Anyways at seudah shelishit Rav Tellers daughter and I realized that we met once in the summer. I went to Camp Simcha for Deal day and she was a counselor there. After Shabbat she showed me pics on her computer and I was in them!!! So funny. Small world wow. 
So it was an interesting Shabbat. Call me for details 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment