Translate

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Shibbat"

So I went to my "Em bayit" for Shabbat. Shelby is basically our mother figure in school. She chills in our common areas (with her adorable baby) throughout the day when we have breaks and makes sure everyone is doing okay. She took care of me when I was under the weather so yeah that's a bonding experience. (Nothin like throwing up gluten free noodles in the afternoon!) 
So anyways her husband is the chilliest guy ever. He's a Baal Teshuvah but he's so modest about it. He said he's a "chozer beteshuva" and not a Baal because he's "not a tzaddik." He was a pro soccer player in college which is amazing. He gave up such tremendous opportunities for Judaism. It's really something to admire and appreciate. 
Friday night dinner was so cute. We ate by Shelby and Chaim Tzvi's (her husband) friends. Such a crew. The women were all madrichot in Tiferet (a seminary) together a couple of years ago and they all married baaleh Teshuvah so their husbands were the coolest guys. They were also particularly spiritual which isn't so common in guys that I'm normally surrounded by. We had really stimulating conversations about so many different topics. I won't get into that now- I'd be typing for hours. 
Saturday lunch was also great. Chaim Tzvi made chulent with quinoa instead of barley which was amazeeeeeeeeeing
I read a bit and we hung around and talked all afternoon. I stayed for Melalveh Malka after Shabbat before I went out with my friends
I gained a lot of inspiration from my stay here. 
Peace out 

No comments:

Post a Comment