Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Michmoret? Where's that?



So Chol Hamoed. Reb Frieda and I spent it by my distant cousins that live on a moshav near Netanya. They speak mostly Hebrew so this was a great opportunity for me to practice. A lot of our convos were in ivrit and I picked up on some new words and terms. Woohoo me.
They were really so hospitable. They treated us to lunch and dinner (after arguing in two different languages) which was totally unnecessary. They barbecued on my birthday which was a nice treat and they got me a balloon and cake and sweaters. Sweaters are actually the best thing anyone can buy me right now. Syked for the winter. 
Banana beach. This was literally down the block from where they live. Such paradise. 

The gate to the moshav. We didn't know it was a settlement until a couple of days in. 
The water you see used to be one of those places where the drains to your toilets lead to...if you catch my drift. It was such a shame because all of the animals started to die. After some time a project was started and it was cleaned up in order to bring the wildlife back. Now this area attracts many families. The water is FILLED with catfish and turtles. 
They were the cutest things ever. I was thinking about Finding Nemo the whole time. 
 

Did I forget to mention that the family has 2 dogs, over 20 cats and chickens!?
Sorry about that. Yeah so they have a stunning Labrador which is my dream dog. Rachel's mom Dalia who lives next door eats the chickens eggs. Guess what I just added to my life bucket list? OWN A CHICKEN SO I DONT HAVE TO PUT EGGS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE GROCERY BAG CUZ THEY BREAK EVERY TIME. 
I'm such a tourist but c'mon. This was was taken on the beach down the block. We always have to appreciate the beauty Hashem puts into nature. Day turning into night is really something to see. 
Sponge bob in Hebrew. Nuff said. Shoutout to Emily!! Btw this cat meows like Gary
We went to a Netanya beach for a day. I felt like I was on an Island. Horseback riding was top notch. Since Israelis are super chill they let us gallop. I swear it was such a thrill. That's something they don't let you do in America. 
Classic us running. 
Birthday girl weeee
We got some city bikes and rode around Tel Aviv on my bday. Loved it. We got to see so much
This was Beautiful. Felt like Aventura Florida. 
This is Dror, Rachel's cool husband who took us alllll over. Classic Israeli. He's a runner and works with computers.
He took us to the Old Tachana at night which was so up my alley. There were art galleries and boutiques. We spent hours there. Really loved it. 
Great vacation, fantastic birthday, couldn't of asked for more 


2 comments: