Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ra'Ananananananna

Shabbat in Ra'Anana was definataly top. I stayed by the Freuds. Stephanie was my moms room mate in Bar Ilan which is cool. They're from London but they hadvr an apartment in Israel for chagim and the summer. I'm friends with her daughter Saskia and then there are three boys. One is my age, one is about 13 and one is 9. Suchhhhh a funny family. They're soooooo British. Loved it. Friday night after shul was such a social scene wow there were hundreds of kids outside after. Dinner was delicious! They had a three wall succah which was cool. First time I've ever eaten in one. So much less claustrophobic. 
After dinner Saskia and I went out to her friends house which was more socializing. The people there were so chill. They were all a bit older than me and either in the army or in sherut leumi. It's crazy how different our lives are. They're faced with serious situations right and left everyday while I'm shteiging in the beit Midrash and drinking coffee at Aroma.  Think about that. They're defending my country while I'm enjoying it. There's a reason why I got my phone case 
Saturday was chill. We ate by the Freud's family friends who made Aliyah from London a few years ago. The food was crazy!!!!! Loved that family. 
After lunch Saskia and I walked around for over an hour all throughout Ra'Anana. 
Such a beautiful city. The houses were stunning. 
I really loved my stay there. They really wanted me to feel at home and I did! 
Saskia and I. She went back to London today for college. 
Peace out 

3 comments:

  1. Love catching up on your blig, love your narraration, feel feel like im there with you while I read, have fun, be safe
    Happy holidays. ..& birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post mill!! So happy you got to enjoy the Freuds. They are, you say.. A chill bunch. And it's an eye opener to see the kids your age joining the army.. Shows us how spoiled we Americans are. We go enjoy the country while they fight for us to be able to enjoy it.. Enjoy the rest of your time off!!

    ReplyDelete