Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chag by the Tawils

We spent Chag by Miriam Tawil who runs Midreshet Eshel. It's funny because we're friends with her son whoes entering the army soon, since they come to Deal in the summer. 
The family was so happy to have us. I really spent a lot of time with the kids- cutest ever!. I taught the twin girls a ton of games. They're eight years old so they reminded me of David. (Hey Dave) I told Miriam I'd take them to the park one Friday! That's gonna be fun. They're such a handful so I'm hoping I can give Miriam a break lol. Ligit funniest girls. 
Totally bonded with Miriam's husband Saul since he's a runner as well. Always lots of conversation over there. 
I also played settlers with her sons who are 10 and 11 years old. Israelis love that game.
Oh and Lachmegene was fabulous wowwwwwe
Before mincha I went to the Tayelet with Reb and Norma. Here's a picture off of google.
Obviously the beauty of this cannot be captured in a photo
This place is said to be where Avraham Avinu stood when he saw הר הבית for the first time. Chills. 

There were so many Muslims there. Looking out we can see הר המוריה/הר הבית. It was mind blowing to see the Muslims there because when they look out they see their Dome of the Rock (where our בית המקדש is supposed to be- the קדש הקדשים is supposedly directly under the Dome) and appreciate the view just as much as we do. Everyone thinks this land is theirs. It was a bit weird to think about this but at the same time It was peaceful to see Jews and Muslims together side by side in harmony.
We were also able to see the Russian Christian Church in the distance.
 I had some mixed feelings here. I guess this is part of what Israel is about. 

...........

After Chag we went to a Karaoke restaurant. It was all good. Lot of good fun. 
Right now I'm actually on a bus to Ranaana for the weekend. No leg room due to my luggage 
BET YOU CAN'T GET THIS CLOSE TO A STRANGER!!!!
Peace out y'all enjoy your food.
PS one day Chag is awesome. You should come to Israel and try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment