Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Tryin things

So I tried out Selichot the other night even though I'm not Ashkenaz (cuz like, I'm sketch). Sephardim are supposed to do it early in the morning but I went for the experience (at one in the morning) and it was nothing like I expected. And yes, I did gain from it. 
Not to get into too much detail here but I was happy I randomly signed up for something I've never done before just for the experience. Doing things like these is what is going to help me live my year here to the fullest. I'm so excited to look back at all of the new things I've tried over the year.
Another new idea is being sentimental with my Sepharim. For example, today I bought a ton of books I need for my classes. I'm going to be learning from these books all year. They are some of my tools to grow. 
So basically I bought Hebrew/English Machzorim for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur and I decided to take it to the next level in order to have the most meaningful holidays I can have. I started to take notes on post it's so I can have more כוונה and understanding when I read things I only see once a year. It's good to go over it from before so that your intentions are sincere.
Obvs my friends made fun of me for being super shtark and chillin in the Beit (not BEIS!) Midrash during lunch break. Hahaa 
But honestly I am really looking forward to start off the New Year with this new comprehension of what these days are actually about.
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Millie.. Although we will miss you like crazy over the holidays, it's so comforting to know that you'll be spending them the way that you plan, and with such great meaning. May you be blessed with everything you wish for in the coming year.. Love you and miss you! ��

    ReplyDelete